Sunday, April 8, 2007

Easy Taco soup

This is one of those dishes that I do when I need a quick easy meal, especially when it's just me and the boys. But it's also worth posting. There are tons of great, involved taco soup recipes, but this is really simple. I think I got this from my MIL. (no picture-Aaron has the camera)

1 can chili (with beans)
1 can tomato soup
1 can corn (drained)
1 pkg. taco seasoning
tortilla chips
sour cream
shredded cheese

Mix it all up in a pot and simmer for about 5 minutes, just to let everything get hot and thicken up a bit.
In your bowl crush up some tortilla chips, add some soup, top with sour cream and shredded cheese.
Sometimes I put less than a whole pkg. of taco seasoning because my kids complain that it's too spicy (but they still eat it).

No comments: