Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Old Fashioned Macaroni Salad

I made this for a BBQ and I thought it was pretty good. As always I changed it a little. The original recipe called for way too much mayo, so I cut back. I used whole wheat macaroni. I also omitted the tuna and substituted 1/2 of the green bell pepper for 1/2 of a red bell pepper. I probably could have used less mayo still and cut back on the mustard. There is a link the the original recipe if you want it.

Old Fashioned Macaroni Salad
SUBMITTED BY: Jennie Minor (revised by Me)

INGREDIENTS
2 cups whole wheat macaroni
1 onion, chopped
1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 tablespoons garlic powder
1 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons prepared mustard
salt to taste
ground black pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS
Cook noodles in a large pot of boiling water until al dente. Rinse under cold water, and drain.
Mix onion, bell peppers, celery, garlic powder, mayonnaise, salt and pepper, and mustard together in a large bowl. Add pasta, and mix well.

No comments: