Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Syrups

I decided to do a few syrup recipes to go along with my waffle recipe. Most of these I got from my MIL.

Maple Syrup
A really simple syrup (1 part water to 2 parts brown sugar) with maple flavoring (Mapleline) is a good cheap substitute for store bought syrup. I mix it in the 1 c. glass measuring cup and put it in the microwave for 1 minute.

Blueberry Syrup
Add fresh or frozen blueberries to the maple recipe - only cook it on the stove in a small pot over medium heat. Boil for a minute. When the berries start to burst it is done.

Orange Syrup
1 c. butter or margarine
1 (6 oz) can frozen orange juice
1 c. white sugar
In a small pot mix together all ingredients and boil for about 3 minutes. It's really sweet and yummy!

Dutch Honey ( I haven't actually made this one, but it's yummy- I've had it at in inlaw's!)
1 c. sugar
1 c. karo syrup
1 c. whipping cream
1 tsp. vanilla
Bring to a boil in the microwave on medium and then add vanilla.

No comments: